Monday, 4 September 2017

British Prime Minister Theresa May demands urgent sanctions on North Korea after nuclear test


After the powerful nuclear test conducted by North Korea, Ms May said in an e-mailed statement,  "This latest action by North Korea is reckless and poses an unacceptable further threat to the international community."


According to Reuters, on Sunday, Sept 3, British Prime Minister Theresa May said the United Nations Security Council should urgently look at imposing new sanctions on North Korea and speed up implementation of existing ones.

Pyongyang conducted its sixth and most powerful nuclear test earlier on Sunday.

"I discussed the serious and grave threat these dangerous and illegal actions present with President Abe in Japan this week and reiterate the call we jointly made for tougher action, including increasing the pace of implementation of existing sanctions and looking urgently in the UN Security Council at new measures."

Sunday, 3 September 2017

Chimamanda Adichie denies saying "Enough of this political correctness. I am a Biafran and nothing else"

Chimamanda Adichie denies saying "Enough of this political correctness. I am a Biafran and nothing else"


Recently, this screenshot statements and other similar write ups containing controversial Pro-Biafra comments allegedly made by one of the world's most contemporary writer  Chimamanda Adichie has been posted on some websites.


In her reaction to debunk the already circulating  statements which she confirmed false, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie wrote on her Facebook wall....

 "This headline below, and other similar headlines, which appeared on some websites: are false. They are completely invented; along with some accompanying quotes which have been attributed to me. I did not say or write those words.
-CNA"


2006 Gulder Ultimate Search winner, Hector Joberteh assassinated in Lagos.

2006 Gulder Ultimate Search winner, Hector Joberteh, was reportedly assassinated  in Lagos.


According to close friends, Hector, father of one, had gone out, earlier Saturday morning to pick a relative from the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos State, suggesting  that he was trailed from the airport to his house in Lagos, where the horrible crime was committed.

Eyewitnesses report that two men had forcibly gained entrance into the compound where Hector lived and questioned a few residents for his deceased whereabouts, after which upon sighting him, shot him.

US plans to sever "All trading" ties with countries doing business with North Korea


Following the latest nuclear test of Pyongyang, President Trump of the United States on Sunday, raised the possibility of taking new actions targeting North Korea via his account on twitter.



"The United States is considering, in addition to other options, stopping all trade with any country doing business with North Korea." he tweets..


He said he would be meeting with Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, White House chief of staff John F. Kelly and other military leaders to discuss options.

Saturday, 2 September 2017

SPORTS: Serena Williams and partner Reditt welcomes a baby girl


The 23-time Grand Slam winner Serena Williams, and her partner, Reditt co-founder Alexis Ohanian welcomed a baby girl at a clinic in Florida yesterday, 1st September, 2017.



35 years old Williams, was admitted to the St Mary's Medical Center in West Palm Beach on aid last month she was planning to return to tennis for the Australian Open in January.

Her sister excitements knew no bound. "Words can't describe it." Venus said..

Another grand slam winner has been born.... Congratulations Serena...

Below are the photos of her gorgeous baby bumps:





Wednesday, 30 August 2017

The Kardashians, Beyonce and other celebrities takes up the "DONATE for Hurricane Harvey Relief Challenge"


Following the Hurricane Harvey Relief Challenge launched on Monday, August 28, by Kevin Hart calling on his A-list pals to open their checkbooks. He donated $25,000 and askedBeyoncĂ©, Jay-Z, Dave Chapelle,Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson,Justin Timberlake and more stars to match his donation, celebrities including the Kardashian/Jenners, BeyoncĂ©, Jennifer lopez, Dwayne Johnson and host of them have pledged substantial funds to aid recovery efforts in Houston, Texas.



Beyoncé, a Houston-native, issued a statement conveying her thoughts and plan of action to help those in need...via Houston Chronicles.

                             

My heart goes out to my hometown, Houston, and I remain in constant prayer for those affected and for the rescuers who have been so brave and determined to do so much to help," the singer said.


"I am working closely with my team at BeyGOOD as well as my pastor (Rudy Rasmus at St. John's in downtown Houston) to implement a plan to help as many as we can."


Chris Brown announced he had pledged $100,000 to relief efforts.

DJ Khaled tweeting a video confirming he had also sent $25,000 to help victims.

Jenmifer Lopez and boyfriend Alex Rodriguez each pledged $25,000.

Sandra Bullock showed off her kind side Tuesday by contributing a whopping $1 million to the Red Cross relief effort.

Generous donations from many other celebs are still coming in.. This goes beyond love for country, it's indeed love for humanity.. God bless you guys..........

BOKO HARAM: Trump sells N181bn warplanes, weapons to Nigeria to fight insurgents



Despite the recent objection by the Nigerian Shiite group, Islamic Movement of Nigeria in a letter which was dated August 17 and signed by the head of the Free Zakzaky Campaign Committee, Abdulrahaman Abubakar  cited “appalling human rights record” of Nigerian military as the reason for the group’s “vehement objection to the proposed sale of weapons and military hardware to the government of Nigeria” written to the United States government urging it not to sell weapons or any military hardware to the Nigerian government, the US government has agreed to sell warplanes and weapons to Nigeria to fight Boko Haram insurgents.


On Monday August 28, Reuters reported that the Pentagon informed the US Congress of the sale of 12 Super Tucano A-29 ground attack aircraft and weapons valued at $593m (N181bn)to Nigeria to fight the Boko Haram sect in the northern part of Nigeria.

Furthermore, the report quoted Pentagon’s Defence Security Cooperation Agency as having made the announcement to the US legislature.

The Super Tucano A-29, “an agile, propeller-driven plane with reconnaissance and surveillance as well as attack capabilities is made by Brazil’s Embraer.

The federal government is expected to receive a formal notification within weeks, setting in motion the deal with Nigeria says US officials.

They added that the arrangement would call for Nigeria purchasing up to 12 Embraer A-29 Super Tucano aircraft with sophisticated targeting gear .